Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Is it spring yet?

In light of the incredibly dreary weather for the last (what has it been, three months?), I've been brimming with excitement for what this spring holds. First, at the end of February I will be soaking up the sun in San Diego for a week (at a pastor's convention). In April, I get to spend a weekend with my good friends from high school on account of my friend Josh Carr getting married and honestly, most of the weekend we will probably act like we are in high school again and I'm ok with that. Finally, after the wedding I get to head up to Chicago and see some good friends from college for a few days. It's been a long time since I've been able to spend significant time with all of these friends. Plus, when I leave for Illinois on April 23rd, it will mark the end of my Hebrew studies which will be a reward in itself! And then if that is not enough there is a good reason to believe (God-willing) that we will be starting another "site" of Evergreen back in SE Portland where I will be preaching on a regular basis which is something I've been preparing to do for a long, long time. 2008 is going to be a good year and this spring is just the beginning of the great things to come. And think, I didn't even have to make any new years resolutions for all this to happen!

2 comments:

Aaron Stewart said...

I'm with you on the weather man. I'm also really excited to see how God works through you and the planting of Evergreen 2.0

g13 said...

i'm glad things are going well for you dustin.