Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas Vacation

We just got back from our 9 day excursion to visit family in Illinois yesterday. We started out by flying into Nashville to visit my mother, sister, and my niece and nephew as you can see here. We had a great time.

I got sick the day before we were supposed to leave for Nashville and was terrified we wouldn't be able to make it. Not only that, but I was supposed to preach Sunday morning which I was unable to do. Ironically, the week before, Bob was up to preach but got sick and called me at 6:30 in the morning on Sunday to inform me that I would be preaching. Well, I guess the "universe" has a way of evening things out. Plus, I'll have a good sermon for the last week of December next year to preach.

It was fantastic to get to spend some time with the twins. They are a lot of fun at this age and I'm bummed I don't get to see them more often.










We visited the Opryland Hotel while we were in Nashville and it was pretty impressive, it was like it's own little world inside their dome.

After this we spent a day with my sister Molly, my Dad, and then went to Marshall to spend the next four days with Kelli's parents and got to do three very important things:

1. See our other nieces, Savannah and Gabrielle
2. Watch American Gladiators.
3. Play Nintendo Wii for the first time (it was so freaking cool)

We arrived back in Portland yesterday and we are happy to be home. I loved our time away as I always do but it seemed like we were away for a long time. I was anxious to get back and start school again. I feel refreshed and ready for a new year! I have a good feeling about 2008! I really think it's going to be a great year. Only a few more months and it's Spring! (which means spring training and a new year for the Cubs).

1 comment:

John V said...

Once again, hope springs eternal for Cubs' fans everywhere ... at least until the end of July.