Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Robbed

Today I went to the chiropractor for this back pain I've been having for about a month now. I was literally in there for about 15 minutes while he asked me questions, pushed here and there, made a little small talk and then he said, "well, you're all done, we'll need to make an appointment for next week to go over my findings and get you on a plan back to being pain free."

What? But why can't you do that right now since I'm already paying 95 dollars?

I'm in shock right now. He gave no advice, no diagnoses, just a "we'll see you next week so I can charge you another 40 dollars".

I simply cannot believe the state of our countries medical world. Why couldn't he just tell me what was wrong and start treatment today? Was it really necessary to schedule another appointment next week since there was not even one other patient in the office? I honestly can't believe this. I wish I had a job where I could chat with someone for 10 or 15 minutes, give them no help AT ALL and make 95 dollars off of it. I guess i'm in the wrong field. I should be doing chiropractic work.

2 comments:

bob hyatt said...

SAME exact response the first time I went!

What other business gets to tell you when to come back and how often and you just say "Okay"???

Imagine at Blockbuster- "Thanks for dropping these movies off. Let's schedule you to come in next Tuesday and rent three more!"

But, all in all, chiropractic made a big difference for me. Yeah- it's expensive, but if you are having back issues, give it a try.

I love it so much, I kind of see going like a treat now :)

Agent B said...

This is exactly why I think all doctors are crocks.

Hell no. I'm not an absolutist.

Actually, my kid's pediatrition is the only doc I respect.