Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Good News Abounds!

-Kelli had a job interview last week. There are three positions open so we are praying (a lot) that she will get one of those. She's definitely qualified, has the education and experience and we are excited about the possibility. I think it would be a good challenge for her plus it would help us pay off our debt quite a bit quicker.

-I found a copy of Stanley Grenz "Theology for the Community of God" at Goodwill yesterday in perfect condition for 4 dollars! Glad I stopped in there!

-Devin Vaughn has a blog!

-All I have to do is get a 50% on my final to pass Hebrew with the way things are going! That's encouraging (although I hope to do a little better than 50% but nothing is guaranteed). I've really neglected Hebrew the last few weeks and feel pretty much lost in general. I can memorize junk for the weekly quizzes and pass with the best of them, but I'm still doing quite poorly on translation. I've found it quite bizarre that the major portion of the class is memorizing all seven verbal patterns perfectly and having to spit them out on the test when in about two days after the test I will forget them anyway. Plus I have a great little laminated card with every verbal paradigm on it for me! What's the point, you know? It is pretty cool being able to read the Hebrew Bible though and understand some of it. I've been reading through Genesis 12-14 and I can actually understand some of it.

-Kelli's crazy busy season with the Salvation Army is about to start but we're thankful that this year she has an assistant and we have a plan to make sure she doesn't exhaust herself and get sick again. Plus we're going to start the day together every one of the 40 days reading a Psalm together and praying. I'm excited to experience that with my wife.

-We've played Settlers of Catan (one of the greatest games on earth) about 20 times since I won it from Devin! I love it. Thanks Bob for introducing it to us.

-The only bad news I have is that I scheduled the Managing Money Workshop for Evergreen on the day and time that the Chicago Bears are playing the Seattle Seahawks. What was I thinking?!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TIVO! you're welcome to come over sunday night to watch the bears lose

Anonymous said...

actually nevermind, we'll be out of town! you'll have to watch the bears lose somewhere else

Devin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.