Sunday, June 10, 2007

Steinbeck - 52% Complete

After I read East of Eden I mostly decided that I would read everything John Steinbeck wrote. And as of today I am 52% complete with his fiction. Complete:

East of Eden___________________To a God Unkown
Of Mice and Men_______________The Pearl
The Winter of Our Discontent_____Travels with Charley
Grapes of Wrath________________The Pastures of Heaven
Tortilla Flat____________________The Red Pony
The Red Pony__________________The Moon is Down
Cannery Row

Still to read:
Cup of God
In Dubious Battle

The Long Valley
The Log from the Sea of Cortez
The Wayward Bus
Burning Bright

The Short Reign of Pippin IV
Once There Was a War
America and Americans
The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights

Why am I telling you this? I have no idea. Plus I'm just wasting a few minutes before I hop in the shower and start my day. Was that too much information? The real point is, I can't think of another author that I would want to read their entire collection (Maybe Dostoevsky, maybe).

What author is it that you have determined you would read everything? (Please don't suggest anyone who has written one book, and please do not say "God". I realize that I have just ruined two potentially funny jokes and I feel okay with that)

4 comments:

g13 said...

current authors: buechner, chabon, winegardner, russo, puzo and (potentially) nt wright.

dead authors: maybe shakespeare and maybe melville

that's just off the top of my head. i'm sure the list will change.

Anonymous said...

Neitzche, Frost, O'Connor, Chaucer, Pope, Kant...

Pericles?

bill said...

frederick buechner & chaim potok

Randy Ehle said...

Louis L'Amour, Calvin Miller