Friday, June 29, 2007

Bill Reiter 1981-2007

I found out yesterday that my friend Bill Reiter died of complications with a seizure on Wednesday morning. Bill and I worked at Mosaic Manhattan together, saw many bad movies, and heard some good bands play.

Bill was a guy who had to see everything New York City had to offer and was always inviting other people to join him. It was only because of him that I found myself in strange Poetry Cafe's and in weird restaurants where I couldn't understand the menu. I'm not sure he ever said, "I think I'm just going to stay home tonight." He had more energy and did more in his 26 years than many people do in 50.

I will remember Bill for never going anywhere without his Macbook and never giving up trying to sell me on Apple computers. I will also never forget him telling me how good the movie Jersey Girl was and talking me into going with him for his second time.

One of my favorite (it wasn't at the time) memories of Bill was when I was preaching at Mosaic and he was running MediaShout. It was extremely important that he put up a slide at a very specific point in the message which I had communicated with him ahead of time. The time came and went and no slide came which kind of left me hanging quite a bit. It wasn't long until I learned instead of putting the slide up he was trying to Photoshop my face on the Statue of David! Go figure!

So many memories Bill. I will really miss ya man. I am so thankful that I got to be a part of your life and that you were such a big part of Mosaic. I look forward to seeing you again someday.

This is a really tough time for all of us who knew Bill. Please pray for his family and friends as they prepare for his funeral tomorrow. If you knew Bill from Mosaic and have any questions or need to know where to send flowers or whatever feel free to give me an email. dbagby@gmail.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your lose. I'll be praying for you and his family.

Anonymous said...

praying for you - he definitely seems like a fun friend.

Anonymous said...

Dustin, sorry for your lose. I will be praying for you and his family.
Tina

Dave Bowman said...

Bill, thanks for being a loving, caring follower of Jesus Christ. Your love for him shone through to all you came in contact with. The world is a bit less of a wonderful place since you have departed....

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I knew Bill from the Joshway.com community and I was dumbstruck when I found out that he was gone. I'm going to miss my fellow "MAC user"... we loved getting some heated debates on the virtues of MAC vs. PC from the community.

Anonymous said...

In paradisum deducant te Angeli: in tuo adventu suscipiant te Martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem. Chorus Angelorum te suscipiat, et cum Lazaro quondam paupere aeternam habeas requiem.

Bill, his family, his friends and you will be in my prayers.