Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Here we go again...

I know I've talked about Josh Ritter's most recent album The Animal Years a ton lately but that is only because it is one of the best albums I have heard this year. My friend Rick describes this song very well :

"The "Thin Blue Flame" continues one of the best traditions in folk rock. From Dylan's early albums ( and he does it again on the latest- his best is Hurricane), Springsteen every once in a while, The 77's (I Could Laugh), Peter Himmelman (Untitled), even Bright Eyes (Let's Not Shit Ourselves) this tradition continues and I am a sucker for those 8 minutes each time."

This is an amazing song. Sit back, put this on and listen to every single word. It's a very powerful song.

THIN BLUE FLAME

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oregon trivia in case you missed it: Three Sisters are a chain of mountains in Central Oregon.

BTW, your image reminds me a lot of the steps at pioneer square, especially with the business-type person.

Dustin said...

the image is actually of pioneer square. good call, that's impressive.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

So I just thought I'd let you know I saw Josh Ritter open last night for Jamie Cullum. It was amazing! I honestly wasn't sure what I'd think of him, but he was GREAT!

Dustin said...

oh my gosh Mandy, i'm so freaking jealous!!! i can't say enough good things about his new album. i haven't seen him live yet but can guarantee i will soon! man, i'm jealous.