Friday, December 09, 2005

Attacked by Ants!


We're under severe attack right now by the dreaded Crazy ant, which can be identified by how they run around in circles like they are crazy. Makes sense. Our kitchen has become a battleground of sorts and we are losing badly. These little bastards cannot be stopped! Spray only makes it worse, they don't take the bait. They can live freaking anywhere. They're coming out of appliances, electical outlets, my food! Everywhere! There is a line of them running on the floor from the wall they hide in to the pantry and then back. It doesn't matter how many of them you kill, they just keep coming back.

This weekend i'm going caulk every crevice, nook and cranny in the walls and seal up every possible entrance by these little guys. And then Tuesday the exterminator is going to spray and we're going to set liquid bait out. Hopefully over about three weeks this will take care of the problem. It's amazing how persistent and hard to stop these things are. That queen won't stop doing it! Anyone else had this problem? What did you do about it?

3 comments:

flowergirl said...

my connection is so slow (dial-up) that i was reading your blog and then like 2 minutes later your music came on full blast just in little spurts that scared me half to death in my quiet apartment. i think i nearly had a heart attack.

i'll have to wait a few days until i'm enjoying high speed wireless internet at my parents to enjoy your music.

Melissa said...

Mandy and I shared a similar problem in our dorm room in Lincoln. Those fiesty little things were everywhere. I think we just killed them with the raid spray. It sounds like you have a larger problem. Good luck to you!

Lowery said...

Okay. I totally know this has nothing to do with your ant problem, but I caught your comment over on Toad's blog about Parker Palmer. You totally should check out his writings. Fantastic stuff. Let Your Life Speak is one of the most important book's I've ever read and I think you'd be blessed by taking in his "A Hidden Wholeness," too. Very, very good writer. In the same vein as Nouwen. Just thought I'd throw in two cents on the guy.

And good luck with the ants. We had that problem when I was a kid. There was this yellow molasses stuff that my mom used and I think it worked to some degree. I'll try and remember to ask her what it was.