Saturday, July 30, 2005

I'm Living In Tampa


Posted by Picasa
Last weekend Kelli and I packed up my stuff (which all fit in a Nissan Xterra) in my tiny New York apartment and drove down to Tampa which took 22 hours due to awful traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike and in South Carolina. The drive was forever but it is nice to be down here. Kelli and I have just been finishing some stuff up for our wedding next Saturday. We saw Wedding Crashers last week and really enjoyed it. The special appearance by Will Ferrell was awesome. It's awesome that those guys are always in each other's movies making special appearances.

For the first three days last week Kelli and I did a detox by eating nothing but fruits and vegetables and I was pretty sure on day two i was going to die. I was freaking exhausted. Not eatin gtakes a lot out of you. I definitely dropped a lot of "toxins" over the three days but that's about it. I was happy to eat again. We celebrated by eating a huge steak!

Still not sure what were going to do after we get back from our honeymoon in St. Lucia! I'm thankful that Forefront will be paying me through August. That will be a huge blessing and will allow us some time once we get back to continue to eat and pay bills while looking for jobs. Just wanted to give an update because I know I rarely write anything about what is going on, it's usually stupid stuff but this is what we're up to. I'm living in Tampa and it's hotter than hell here. In 7 days I will be married!

10 comments:

Jen said...

We're up in Gainesville if you two need anything while you're getting settled in. I'm glad you decided to have your wedding down here b'cuz it gives me a chance to see my brother & Melissa :)
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Dustin,
This is Olivia from Spirit FM here in Tampa. Hope that you will check us out. I read your article online at relevant. Some points yes some no... But a good laugh. IF you ever want to come to the country I will take you to my home town Brooksville, about 50 miles north of Tampa, yeah we were the town that Paris and Nicole came to on the Simple Life...
Nice
Hey check us out at 90.5
and www.spiritfm905.com
At night especially- That is me!

Mandy said...

congrats dusti! i also just read your newer article on relevant and laughed my head off. i must admit, i'm partial to my dierks bentley, brad paisley, and rascal flatts, but most of the things you said on there are totally true!

However, i think it's time the Christian music industry takes your advice too! i've given up on having hope for that industry...other than a very select few.

anyways keep up the writing! and I heard the big day went well--congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Dude. Country music... Preach on. --Philip

Anonymous said...

Dude. Country music... Preach on. --Philip

Anonymous said...

Just. Preach on. --Philip

DJ Word said...

congrats.

I am a friend of Jeff Gentry living in Tampa. We planted a church in Boston that he was involved in and spun him off when we left.

Look me up when you return from your honeymoon. My family lives in Seminole Heights (city of tampa) and I work at Metropolitan Ministries (a ministry to homeless families in tampa).

We are always looking for people to get to know.

813-234-6322
rickkristi@msn.com
djword.blogspot.com

g13 said...

dustin,

i hope you take the opportunity to connect with rick. i think you and kelly (sp?) would really enjoy connecting with his family.

congratulations on your marriage, by the way! she's one hell of a girl.

gentry

Michael said...

Say it isn't so, you did not break the news like this?!?!?!?

*contineus searching*

Michael said...

Where's the article on relevent? Links Dustin, LINKS!