Friday, July 15, 2005

Are You A Dreamer?


Posted by Picasa

I have to admit that I had great expectations for this album so my review of it might be a little tainted. High expectations from an artist you love are barely ever fulfilled. After the River Bends release my anticipation grew even more. After I heard him live in Brooklyn my expectations soared. I was able to get a prerelease of the album on ebay so i got to hear it a little early. After listening to it, i was pretty disappointed. I think there are a few really good songs on the album but nothing else stuck out to me. This is not the Denison Witmer of "Of Joy and Sorrow." It would be more appropriately titled, "Are You A Sleeper?" Because this album can be a snooze at times. If you need a CD to help you get to sleep at night, pick this one up. I'm hoping for something a little more enthusiastic from his next release.

Little Flowers *****
Everything But Sleep *
Ringing of the Bell Tower ***
Are You A Dreamer? ****
East From West **
California Brown and Blue ***
Castle and Cathedral **
Worry All The Time ****
Grandma Mary *
Finding Your Feet Again **

2.7 on the 5.0 Dustin Scale

No comments: