Friday, November 26, 2004

A Special Thank You....

I want to take this second to thank Wilco for breaking the boring mold of modern music and bringing something fresh to the table. As I sat on the airplane to Indianapolis after a 2 hour delay the day before Thanksgiving I selected A Ghost is Born as something to get me through the bumpy flight. I was glad that I did! I had listened to the album a few times before that but this time it struck me differently. Musically, this album is so beyond anything I have heard lately it blows my mind. These guys are damned good musicians! And lyrically I left with a sense of hope. After all that the Tweedster has apparently been through it is good to hear it in his voice. Thank you Wilco for giving us something that wasn't prepackaged and didn't sound like The Strokthrillvinehiveinterpyeahyeahsucks!

No comments: